Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/westendg/public_html/masha/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ANN TamaRadi Blog 2007.05.09~14 by Fukuyama Masaharu - Tokyo Tower (Childhood)
Hello !
..::MashaPlus::..Masaharu Fukuyama International Community
November 20, 2017, 09:34:34 AM

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: ANN TamaRadi Blog 2007.05.09~14 by Fukuyama Masaharu - Tokyo Tower (Childhood)  (Read 1639 times)
izumisano
« on: March 13, 2009, 01:58:01 PM »

Tokyo Tower ~Me & My Radio, & sometimes My Mom~ Childhood Chapter  (Part 1)

1980  Nagasaki Perfecture, Nagasaki City

Mount Inasa, towering 333 metres over the port city.
A big incident that shook up the small town, occurred in a certain elementary school.

“Sensei (Teacher), Fukuyama has disappeared!”

Spirited away? Abducted by UFOs?
Indeed, the boy who disappeared had no idea that in the year 2000, just before the 21st century, he would be holding his debut 10th anniversary live celebration in Inasa-yama. This was the 11-year old Fukuyama Masaharu.

As for the man who left his hometown Nagasaki at the age of 18 and became crowned “Radio’s National Treasure” in Tokyo, this is the story of his childhood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One rainy day, on my way home from the kindergarten, I was playing with my umbrella when a girl’s voice came from behind: “Fukuyama-kun, do you want to walk home together?”

“ ! ! ! ”
I was too shocked to say anything.
“Waaaaahhhhh……”
Tears were still streaming down my face when I reached home. My parents were astonished to see their son crying like that.
“What’s the matter, Masaharu?”
“A girl invited me to ‘walk home together’ ……”
I was crying as I answered and my Father simply said,
“Ah….you silly boy.”
That’s right. Because there was only my brother all along, I was totally unnerved by girls. If they so much as said a word to me, I would be so shy I’d burst into tears. That was how innocent I was then.

But, introverted as I was, I loved to climb trees, go fishing and jump tombstones (we’d have a race jumping from one flat tombstone to another, in the foreigners’ cemetary *Not to be imitated by good children). I grew up in the nature of Nagasaki.

When I entered elementary school, I teamed up with bad company.
“Let’s go find someone to fight!” We’d go to each class and challenge their ‘leaders’. I literally grew up like a young ruffian. I was learning karate at that time, and had great fun practicing my newly-learnt ‘low kick’ to knock down the guys bigger than me. We would be making trouble around school, throwing chairs about and using my specialty low kick everywhere.

Naturally, such violent youngsters could not be left unchecked.
“Hey you!” The class teacher would rush over immediately and we would get terribly slapped up there and then.
“Sit on your knees right now!
While our noses bled, we were punished.

To be continued.

Translated from Midori's blog (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/fukuyama-masaharu/article?mid=422)
Original posted on ANN TamaRadi blog 2007.05.09  
(http://www.allnightnippon.com/fukuyama/blog/index.php?YMD=2007-05-09)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:10:23 PM by izumisano » Logged
River
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 09:36:40 PM »

Grin  Grin  Grin

This post made me cried with tears! Oh dear....

(we’d have a race jumping from one flat tombstone to another, in the foreigners’ cemetary *Not to be imitated by good children)

Oh Masha~~ your children will be like that. He's truly a Nagasaki boy there. And that little girl? Whoever you are, thank you. You have made him cried, thus, begin his fascination with girls.

AngelReii
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 11:54:31 PM »

LOL ...
So cute the 11yr old Masha. Cry when you are shy.  Grin Cheesy

That young boy has got a temper.... scary ...... I had a classmate like that once. We would get him to protect our class from other class bully.  Roll Eyes Cheesy
izumisano
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 02:15:52 PM »

Tokyo Tower ~Me & My Radio, & sometimes My Mom~ Childhood Chapter  (Part 2)

The most representative event of my childhood would be the “Boycott”.
Because of the Cold War ongoing at that time, the Western countries (and Japan) together boycotted the Moscow Olympics. Such major news naturally became the centre of talk everywhere. After reading the news that “Japan boycotts the Olympics”, my father said to me:
“Masaharu, come and look. This is called Bokkoido (ボッコイド), Bokkoido !”
“Bokkoido! Wow! I don’t know what it means but it sounds so cool!”
The first time I heard the word was the wrongly pronounced “Bokkoido” (ボッコイド), instead of “Boycott” 「ボイコット」. But to an elementary school kid, it made a strong impression indeed.

The next day, we had Physical Education (Sports) at school. From the word “Sports”, I thought about the Olympics, and then suddenly remembered what Father said: “Masaharu,…… this is called Bokkoido, Bokkoido !”
……hey, I want to try “Bokkoido” too!

“Listen, shall we “bokkoido” this next PE class?”
I suggested my boycott plan to T-kun, who was already getting ready to go to PE.
“Eh? What? What’s “bokkoido”?
“Bokkoido? Oh, that’s the thing…about not going to the Olympics.”
“Oh yeah! That’s fun! Let’s do it~ Let’s do it~”
T-kun, who was as stupid as me, very quickly joined in my boycott plan. We ditched the classmates who were heading for PE and found our boycott fortress……under the teacher’s platform.  Under the wooden stage, there was enough room for 2 children to hide. In the darkness, feeling satisfied with the success of our boycott plan, we unwittingly fell asleep……

……A few hours later
We woke up to find the place filled with noise and chaos. I listened intently under the stage, it seemed the police are in the classroom. And then I heard it, what I feared most, my mother’s voice……. T-kun and I started to tremble under the platform. But we couldn’t stay in there forever, so we gently gently pushed our way out from under the stage.

In one instant, all eyes in the classroom focused on us. Everyone was staring, their faces looked just like the pigeons who got hit by our peashooters. That T-kun and I, who were so energetic and active before the PE lesson, should suddenly disappear without a trace –  of course it freaked everyone out. Not only the police, but even my Mother at home was alerted. Our ‘boycott’…, no, ‘disappearance’ had really caused a great commotion. Needless to say, after that, I got smacked hard by my Mom.

When I was in elementary school, I loved to watch “Taiyō ni hoero!” (太陽にほえろ!, Bark at the sun)* and my ambition was “to become a police detective” when I grew up. At that time, I could never have known that, 20 years later in the year 2000, I would be holding my debut 10th anniversary celebration concert in Inasa-yama, or that I would be able to fulfill my dream of hosting the Allnight Nippon radio show. As for being crowned the “No Pants Singer” because of my habit not to wear underpants on stage, it was something I could not even begin to imagine.

To be continued.

*  Famous detective TV drama, running from 1972.07.21~1986.11.14

Translated from Midori's blog (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/fukuyama-masaharu/article?mid=423)
Original posted on ANN TamaRadi blog 2007.05.09
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:17:34 PM by izumisano » Logged
River
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 10:22:56 PM »

Moscow Olympic... 1980 right?

I'm alive!! LOL.

Somehow, I can imagine his father called him: Ma-sha-ha-ru.
gingerine

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 12:37:43 AM »

In case you can't imagine naughty young Masaharu......

He looked like an angel in the pic with uniform  Roll Eyes

pillowmasha

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 12:46:25 AM »

the goat! the goat!
my favorite best friend for masha Kiss
gingerine

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 12:49:05 AM »

the goat! the goat!

young masha still didn't like girl at that time.....only goat  Grin  Grin
River
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 01:06:04 AM »

I cannot tell the different between Masha and his brother when they were young. They look alike!  Huh? Nope, I still don't know which one is the young troublemaker in the picture with his brother, because in the picture, the taller boy looks like Masha.

LOL. Funny how to goat approached Masha, instead of the other way round. Awwwwww...... cute.
AngelReii
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 08:20:30 AM »

The karate uniform... reminds me of the earlier story posted by izumi-san.

When I entered elementary school, I teamed up with bad company.
“Let’s go find someone to fight!” We’d go to each class and challenge their ‘leaders’. I literally grew up like a young ruffian. I was learning karate at that time, and had great fun practicing my newly-learnt ‘low kick’ to knock down the guys bigger than me. We would be making trouble around school, throwing chairs about and using my specialty low kick everywhere.

oh my what a little tyrant. His mom has a handful when he was younger. No wonder he appreciates her so.  Cheesy
gingerine

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 12:04:54 AM »

I cannot tell the different between Masha and his brother when they were young. They look alike!  Huh? Nope, I still don't know which one is the young troublemaker in the picture with his brother, because in the picture, the taller boy looks like Masha.

Yes, i think the taller one is Masha. He mentioned in one TV show. He outgrows his brother, also look naughtier  Roll Eyes
izumisano
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 02:14:17 PM »

Tokyo Tower ~Me & My Radio, & sometimes My Mom~ Childhood Chapter    (Part 3)

In the small Obstetrics and Gynaecology clinic in Port Nagasaki, a beautiful woman who was known as the Sophia Loren of Nagasaki, gave birth to a baby boy.

Weight: A whooping 4 kg

And it was this huge baby made by that beautiful woman, who became the famed radio personality in Allnight Nippon years later, broadcasting from his studio in Tokyo. It was something that no-one could have thought of at that time. That was the Fukuyama Masaharu at 0 years old.

As for the man who left his hometown Nagasaki at the age of 18 and became crowned “Radio’s National Treasure” in Tokyo, this is a small tribute to his Mother

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Masaharu, I tell you, people are calling Mother the Sophia Loren of Nagasaki. As for Father, he is being known as the Masao Komatsu (小松政夫)* of Nagasaki too.”  Ever since I was little, Mother would often say that to me. “Oh, so Mother looks like a foreigner!” I had childishly thought.

I inherited my Mother’s looks. As a kid, I would often be mistaken for a girl.  Laundry was my speciality and I loved to clean-up, so they became my responsibility. Now that I think about it, ever since I was a young boy, I would love to do things that would “please others”. I’d secretly take money out from my Father’s raccoon savings box and use it to buy presents for Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. Mother would get a bouquet of carnations and Father, his favourite Cherry brand cigarettes. In reality, I was simply returning the money to where it belonged.

Thinking back, my careless habit of “recommending things” to people without discretion, perhaps arose from those days. In contrast, I would feel terribly embarrassed if someone were to praise me or to give me encouragement, whether it was from Mother or the adults around. Not used to “receiving praise” since young, I still find it hard to manage both “being praised” and “praising others”.

Thanks to my Mother’s non-interference approach to our growing up, I was very independent from an early age. But it also meant that I developed into a child who was at a total loss with “getting or giving encouragement”.

Watching my Mother work at the same time as she was bringing us up, I would sometimes think, “What a great person she is.” When Father died, we had more than 100 guests at the funeral. It was raining that day in Nagasaki. With just a dust cloth, Mother wiped each of the 100 pairs of shoes clean and sorted out the doorway beautifully. In addition, she served tea and food to the guests. Mother didn’t use her words, but rather her actions to teach us a lot of things. But looking at her from behind, I couldn’t even bring myself to say, “Mother, you’ve done a great job, keep going!” (がんばってたね), I was just no good at that. What happened that day I’ve kept in my heart, up till now.

That’s why even now, not only on Mother’s day, but also on my birthday every Feb 06, I would send flowers to my Mother together with a card saying “Thank you for giving birth to me.” This is to thank my Mother, who brought all 4kg of me into the world.

~The End ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midori’s comments

Masha said in his radio show that he had never told anyone about this. But he laughed and said his Mother would probably be asleep by now.

Everyone’s day of birth is actually a “day of suffering” for their mothers. I don’t think many people can remember to show gratitude to their mother on his or her own birthday, including myself. Because I too, came from the era of “little praise and encouragement” ^^  So I especially admire those people who can do it.
BTW, my mom told me that I was also an 8-pound baby, so I’ve finally found something that Masha and I are alike^^

Iz's comments (added in Mashaheart.net in 2010 and cross-posted back here)
Apparently I weighed ..... 9.5 pounds at birth, which sort of explains why I'm the size I am now....
My mom was skin and bone when she carried me, I must have taken it all.
Sorry for giving you such a hard time Mom, .....and thanks!!

Translated from Midori's blog (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/fukuyama-masaharu/article?mid=424 & 425)
Original posted on ANN TamaRadi blog 2007.05.14  
(http://www.allnightnippon.com/fukuyama/blog/index.php?YMD=2007-05-14)

*Komatsu Masao
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:31:52 PM by izumisano » Logged
AngelReii
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 11:56:20 PM »

I am so touched by his words. How much his mother meant to him and yet he is not able to utter it out. I am sure his mother knows exactly how he feels.

No wonder he is obessed with his laundry & cleaniness.  Grin Cheesy
River
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 12:22:10 AM »

4kg??!!

OMG! He's a heavy baby. And he does look like a girl when he's young, lol, especially when he got the pretty face from his mother.

Trust me Masha, you're not the only one who has problem with encouragement. Especially with one's own family. It's the problem which I hope to rectify before it's too late.

Gomen! Thank you izumi-san for the translation! Aww... his life-story has ended? Awww... I will definitely missed it. Thank you again. It really help me to know Masha as he is.
izumisano
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2009, 12:41:17 AM »

Hmmm....help me with this, would you please?
Which to do next?

I'm thinking of
Jonetsu Tairiku (promised Toey since last Nov) ?
Kinki Kids show ?
just recent ANN / TFM blogs from various Chinese translations ?
Our music with Shinichi Tsutsumi ?
keep doing the rest of the pieces in Midori's blog, e.g. his motorcycle touring, interview with Amuse Chairman (remember the pics) & staff?

I don't want to do sth that you already know. Please tell me what your preferences are?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: