Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/westendg/public_html/masha/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Semi Autobiography - Tokyo Tower Series
Hello !
..::MashaPlus::..Masaharu Fukuyama International Community
November 20, 2017, 09:37:45 AM

Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Semi Autobiography - Tokyo Tower Series  (Read 895 times)
izumisano
Administrator

« on: September 08, 2010, 04:49:38 PM »

Tokyo Tower ~ Me & My Radio, and sometimes My Mom ~

Written by Fukuyama Masaharu
on his radio blog, AllNightNippon Saturday Special Tamashii no Radio.

Translations

Chapter 1:         High School
Chapter 2:         Arriving in Tokyo
Chapter 3:         Amuse Auditions  
Chapter 4:         First movie, Hon no 5g
Chapters 5~7:   The Debut Years    
Final Chapter:    Hiatus & Starting Over  
Extra Chapter:   Childhood and Mother's Day  
(Part 1)   (Part 2)   (Part 3)   (Part 4)    
(Part 1)   (Part 2)   (Part 3)
(Part 1)   (Part 2)   (Part 3)   (Part 4)   (Part 5)
(Part 1)   (Part 2)   (Part 3)   (Part 4)
(Part 1)   (Part 2)   (Part 3)   (Part 4)  
(Part 1)   (Part2)    (Part 3)
(Part 1)   (Part 2)   (Part 3)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:40:24 PM by izumisano » Logged
AngelReii
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 10:04:04 PM »

OMG.... Great wonderful work. Thank you ladies from mashaheart.
izumisano
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 10:32:11 PM »

Thanks Reii.
Actually I've always seen mashaheart as the storeroom for all the translated articles that we've done here. Have been thinking of doing some housekeeping for some time now, especially on this profile thread. So it's easier for new members to read up about him.
Novice

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 11:54:03 PM »

Real stories? Or partial true and partial fabricated stories? Sounds interesting.
izumisano
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 01:44:03 AM »

Real stories? Or partial true and partial fabricated stories? Sounds interesting.

The Tokyo Tower series is the true story of his past. It gives a very good background understanding of this boy and man. A must read for any new fans who'd like to know him better. He's been very open about his past and his family background since his early days on the radio. So experienced fans all know about it. Most Nagasaki locals can tell you the story of this hometown boy, and over the years, the media has interviewed his mates, school friends, neighbours, past employers etc.

He started retelling his story on the radio in 2007 because that was the 20th year he'd left Nagasaki for Tokyo. It was summarized over the weeks in ANN Blog starting from here. The entire series ended with a tribute to his mom on the Mother's Day weekend broadcast.

Please read it if you haven't yet. It IS very interesting, I had a new found respect for him as a person, and how frank he was about his past mistakes and faults. This is Fukuyama Masaharu.
Novice

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 10:03:51 PM »

The Tokyo Tower series is the true story of his past. It gives a very good background understanding of this boy and man. A must read for any new fans who'd like to know him better. He's been very open about his past and his family background since his early days on the radio. So experienced fans all know about it. Most Nagasaki locals can tell you the story of this hometown boy, and over the years, the media has interviewed his mates, school friends, neighbours, past employers etc.

He started retelling his story on the radio in 2007 because that was the 20th year he'd left Nagasaki for Tokyo. It was summarized over the weeks in ANN Blog starting from here. The entire series ended with a tribute to his mom on the Mother's Day weekend broadcast.

Please read it if you haven't yet. It IS very interesting, I had a new found respect for him as a person, and how frank he was about his past mistakes and faults. This is Fukuyama Masaharu.

I find it interesting to read. I'm impressed by his honesty. Well, may i know what he meant of adult jokes on the radio? Can you elaborate what his adult jokes are exactly?
izumisano
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 11:59:14 PM »

I find it interesting to read. I'm impressed by his honesty. Well, may i know what he meant of adult jokes on the radio? Can you elaborate what his adult jokes are exactly?

LOL, I was looking through the old posts to see which ones to recommend, and ended up re-reading the entire Radio Broadcast translation thread. *shakes head at herself*

They have adult topics on the radio like the Love & Sex Clinic. He doesn't specially make it a point like "Ok I'm going to talk dirty now", it just seems to come out ever so....naturally in his conversation. The Radio translation thread (here) and this particular magazine interview (here) will probably give you some idea. Please remember to go to the links in the special notes at the end of that magazine interview as well! That discussion on "size" never fails to crack me up!
Novice

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 11:16:48 PM »

LOL, I was looking through the old posts to see which ones to recommend, and ended up re-reading the entire Radio Broadcast translation thread. *shakes head at herself*

They have adult topics on the radio like the Love & Sex Clinic. He doesn't specially make it a point like "Ok I'm going to talk dirty now", it just seems to come out ever so....naturally in his conversation. The Radio translation thread (here) and this particular magazine interview (here) will probably give you some idea. Please remember to go to the links in the special notes at the end of that magazine interview as well! That discussion on "size" never fails to crack me up!

I see what his adult jokes are....
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: