Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/westendg/public_html/masha/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ANN TamaRadi Blog 2007.04.03~04 by Fukuyama Masaharu - Tokyo Tower Chapter 4
Hello !
..::MashaPlus::..Masaharu Fukuyama International Community
September 23, 2017, 03:38:18 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: ANN TamaRadi Blog 2007.04.03~04 by Fukuyama Masaharu - Tokyo Tower Chapter 4  (Read 2046 times)
izumisano
« on: February 17, 2009, 05:51:58 PM »

Tokyo Tower ~Me & My Radio, & sometimes My Mom~ Chapter 4  (Part 1)

1998 November

A movie starring Yasuko Tomita (富田靖子) opened to the public. It was a movie about the life and angst of college youth; their love and friendship; and pachinko – “Hon no 5g” 「ほんの5g」. It started with Tomita visiting an apartment and then walking into a hot love scene involving a newcomer actor, yes, actor (not singer).

It was the autumn of 1988, one year had passed since the summer of 1987.
Almost getting swept away by the beauty of the 3 sisters (especially the middle one) and the warmth of the cedar wood bath, but finally brought back to his senses by the words of his lumber factory senior and prompted to take the Amuse acting challenge. This was the 19-year-old youth Fukuyama.

And this is the remarkable story of the 18-year-old who set off from his hometown Nagasaki and became crowned “Radio’s National Treasure” in Tokyo 20 years later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to my busted exhaust, I got my audition results. After rounds of sheer luck, I finally “passed”.
However, the company’s terms were: “During the course of the ‘trainee contract’, annual income ¥30,000”.
Annual income ¥30,000?
To be honest, I was furious.
This can’t be true? We’re not living in a Peso world……

And Amuse continued with their terms :
“As it is uncertain when you will be assigned a job, you are permitted to engage in part-time work elsewhere, but please endeavour to find a job which will allow you to take leave at short notice at any time.”  
Why don’t you tell me where I can find such a job? How am I going to survive on an annual income of ¥30,000? Even though I had passed the auditions, I could only think of one thing: “Are they taking me as a fool?”

In any case, I had to quit my job at the factory now. I told the boss everything, about my audition and how I had no choice but to move into the city. After he heard me through, the father of the 3 beautiful sisters, and almost like a father to me, said: “I see. Well, if you ever run into any problems, you can always come back here!” And with that, he cheerfully saw me off.  

The ex-Enka singer who triggered my decision to go for the auditions, Nakanishi-san said, “Try your best!” 「がんばってね」 to show his support.  Now that I think about it, whether the boss or Nakanishi-san, must have been terribly worried, even while they were cheering me on.

Although I had said I was moving into the city, there was no way I could afford the rents with an annual income of just ¥30,000.  So, I suggested to my flat-mate, who went to the same school with me; lived with me; shared the same birthday and blood type with me; got picked up by a scouting agent earlier than me; and is now a nightclub host, that we should move house together.

To be continued.

Translated from Midori's blog (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/fukuyama-masaharu/article?mid=426)
Original posted on ANN TamaRadi blog 2007.04.03
(http://www.allnightnippon.com/fukuyama/blog/index.php?YMD=2007-04-03)

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 07:19:35 PM by izumisano » Logged
jessy_jay

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 06:03:22 PM »

Wow, you are so fast, and annual income 30,000 yen, If I were him, I would be angry too. His boss and Nakanishi-san was so good, too. It's good to know there are still good people.
Thank for translation, izumi-san
River
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 07:45:20 PM »

This can’t be true? We’re not living in a Peso world……

LOL! I like this sentence, very witty. And it seems he was still a little bit mad from missing out the chance with the 3 beautiful sisters. Tsk tsk, Masha. Only 30000 yen per year? No way you can survive in Tokyo with only that much. Ouch! The journey is still long.
AngelReii
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 08:13:42 PM »

Emphasising on 3beautiful sisters, especially the middle one. LOL!  Poor boy... Just be patience. You will have many ladies screaming for you before you know it.

I can't wait for the next episode when he moves in with his 'non-biological twin'. 
You know in every drama, the ending of every series there are always clips of the next coming episode. What will happen to young Masha? Will he get the career move he wants. Will he get over the lost of 3 beautiful sisters.
 Grin Grin
If these were made into a movie/drama I wonder who will star as young Masha.  Undecided

jessy_jay

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 01:51:03 AM »

If these were made into a movie/drama I wonder who will star as young Masha.  Undecided

I think the one who play Yukawa-sensei when he was young is Galileo ep 0 is quite suitable, I think his face is similar to Masha's.
Oh, if they made a drama based on his life, I must watch it, no doubt.
River
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 05:47:19 PM »

Miura Haruma?

*watch pillow-san scream*

Well, he did played deliquent in Gokusen3

*watch pillow-san scream some more*

LOL, at the moment, Haruma-kun lacked the mischevious twinkle in his eyes that showed me he was thinking naughty thoughts. And it seems 18 years old Masha is a boy with attitude, I'm not sure who can played him if there is a movie or drama.

I need to apply for the role of three beautiful sister.  Grin
izumisano
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 08:14:58 PM »

Argh. Got the flu, have done nothing but sleep. Bear with me please ..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Need Masha to look after me, don't mind young delinquent either.......
River
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 08:45:35 PM »

Aww.. izumi-san, sucks to hear that. Was it cold in HK?

*live in the equatorial, currently it's too hot and stuffy*

Take your meds and a lot of rest okay?

Remember, that young delinquent got an attitude. He may get you sicker.  Wink
AngelReii
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 09:36:43 PM »

I know what you are going through, izumi-san ... I am still recovering. *hate it*
Have a good rest & take care, alright.
Let Masha sing you to sleep... trust me it is so soothing it is like he is there next to you.  Kiss

I kinda like if Mizushima Hiro plays young rebellious Masha. I think he can play that part plus he is cool. *girl fan*  Wink

*hands up*
me, me, here... I wanna try for the role. If I don't get the role of one of the 3sisters (I don't think I can pull off as an 18 or 19 year old), I take whatever roles on offer.  **sounding too desperate**

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:48:18 PM by AngelReii » Logged
gingerine

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 10:01:42 PM »

It started with Tomita visiting an apartment and then suddenly getting involved in a hot love scene with a newcomer actor, yes, an actor .

Hot love scene?  Masha Huh???
i wanna see  Cool
pillowmasha

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 10:02:49 PM »

lol.
Actually me no fan of Miura Haruma
But he really got a nice jaw to begin with Grin Grin

you got flu izumisano san?
aw. please take a rest and reduce some dose of masha.
once you're all well let's increase the dose Cheesy Cheesy
River
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 10:48:45 PM »

lol.
Actually me no fan of Miura Haruma
But he really got a nice jaw to begin with Grin Grin

LOL. I like his eyes, he seems to be wearing eyeliner all the time.

Gingerine, I think the hot love scene is suppose to appear in ほんの5g, though I didn't see it when I watched the snippets fumfum put in youtube.

Reii-chan? You'll be Uchida Yuki. Problem solved.  Roll Eyes Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:50:40 PM by River » Logged
izumisano
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 10:03:08 AM »

Hi everyone! Thanks for waiting!

i wanna see  Cool

Wait till we get to Part 4 of this chapter.......not sure I want to do that part  Cool
......no! I'll do it! I'll do it!  Tongue
River
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 11:19:07 AM »

Hi everyone! Thanks for waiting!

i wanna see  Cool

Wait till we get to Part 4 of this chapter.......not sure I want to do that part  Cool
......no! I'll do it! I'll do it!  Tongue

You tease! Now we're all waiting what will happen next.
izumisano
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 11:36:34 AM »

Tokyo Tower ~Me & My Radio, & sometimes My Mom~ Chapter 4  (Part 2)

We chose to live in the Mitaka area (三鷹).  It was an old broken-down apartment house, with an unprecedented low rent of ¥29,000. We moved over in no time and as we were celebrating excitedly “To our futures!”, we had a visitor.  “Don! Don! Don! Don! Don!” someone was banging on the door non-stop with his fist.
At first, we tried to ignore him but it was too disturbing, so I yanked the door open and was about to shout “What the..with all that noise!” when…

I saw a big fierce ‘bro’ with tattoos all over……… not again ??  Why do I have to get involved with ‘life senpais’, wherever I go? His body was covered with muscle tattoos which were not coloured in yet, and his upper torso was wrapped in white cloth. He stomped into the house, yelling “What’s with the racket!”  Seeing him like that, we were terrified.

“We’re so sorry! So sorry!” we kept on apologizing, and the big bro with his body-full of art, asked us:
“You two, where are you from !? Which country, which country !?”
“Na…Nagasaki……” we trembled in our reply but he exclaimed, “What? You’re really from Nagasaki…?  Good! You two, come with me!”

It appeared he belonged to a gang which originated from Nagasaki.  I don’t know whether we were lucky or not that we came from there. Without much choice, we could only do as we were told. In the cold winter, his body full of tattoos and wrapped in cloth, with just a jacket thrown on, like the “wandering peddler Tora-san” (フーテンの寅さん)*. We dejectedly followed behind him.  

The place he took us, was actually a pub in Kichijoji (吉祥寺). We became the centre of attention the moment we stepped in. Needless to say, both of us felt terribly embarrassed.  

This went on for a couple of nights. Until one day, I couldn’t take it any more and I told my flat-mate: “I’m so sorry, I’m moving out.” Staying here any longer meant every night I’ll be taken out to the pub by Tattooed Big Bro. It would have been too much a hazard to health to continue, so I said goodbye to Mitaka having only lived there for 10 days, and made my way to Shibuya alone.  

The first thing I needed to do, was to find a place to stay in Shibuya and a job, and then find a way to survive on an annual salary of ¥30,000.

To be continued.

*  Tora-san was the travelling salesman in a Japanese film series “Otoko wa tsurai yo” (男はつらいよ, It's tough being a man). Spanning 48 installments (1969–95), it was considered by the Guinness Book of World Records to be the longest movie series in the world at that time. Known as “our lovable tramp”, there is a statue of him outside Shimbamata station and the movie set has been made into a museum.   (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otoko_wa_Tsurai_yo)

Translated from Midori's blog (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/fukuyama-masaharu/article?mid=427)
Original posted on ANN TamaRadi blog 2007.04.03
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 07:26:57 PM by izumisano » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to: