Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/westendg/public_html/masha/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
ANN TamaRadi Blog 2007.04.24~25 by Fukuyama Masaharu - Tokyo Tower Final Chapter
Hello !
..::MashaPlus::..Masaharu Fukuyama International Community
September 23, 2017, 03:37:49 AM

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: ANN TamaRadi Blog 2007.04.24~25 by Fukuyama Masaharu - Tokyo Tower Final Chapter  (Read 1034 times)
izumisano
« on: March 04, 2009, 02:42:06 PM »

Tokyo Tower ~Me & My Radio, & sometimes My Mom~ Final Chapter   (Part 1)

1995.11.02   Yokohama Arena

It was the final day of his first Arena Tour. The adoration and passion had hit the highest peak.
Ending it all at that moment, the million-sales artist disappeared from public view, all except for the radio.

Since reaching Tokyo in the summer of 1987, it had been 8 years.
Finally standing on the stage of the Yokohama Arena, his field of dreams after coming to Tokyo,
this was the 26-year-old Fukuyama Masaharu.

And this is the remarkable story of the 18-year old who set out from his hometown Nagasaki to become crowned as “Radio’s National Treasure” in Tokyo 20 years later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1994.06    3 months after my CD sales first exceeded a million copies
I embarked on a 3-month journey, covering 50 concerts in 42 venues across the country. The schedule arranged for me at that time, was a real “battle”. It was so busy I almost did not have the time to host my beloved All Night Nippon broadcast.

Everyday in a rush for time, I made a decision. That’s right, “no more underpants” (on stage). With 2 shows in 3 days  (the original post was “3 shows in 2 days”), there just wasn’t enough time to wash them. New ones which have not been washed well enough, felt uncomfortable and I didn’t like it. Immediately after each concert, I had to rush back to wash my pants, in preparation for the next show……and then repeat it all over again. Just moments before, I was soaking in the cheers and applause on stage, now I’m alone washing underpants in a hotel room.

“I can’t take this anymore…”
I couldn’t stand spending every day like this and threw my pants on the floor in frustration. From that day on, I stopped wearing underpants.

The following year 1995, “HELLO” was released on my birthday and recorded sales upto 2 million copies. I was only 26 then. Not only did I achieve the “double million”, it was No. 2 in total CD sales for the year.

And then, in the autumn of that year, I had my first Arena Tour. Before my debut, I had gazed upon the Yokohama Arena with a dream in my heart: “I wish one day, I could sing here.” When I finally stood on that stage and looked at the fully occupied auditorium, I felt my emotions rising in me for the first time and I had to fight down that lump in the throat. It was the sense of reality, that I couldn’t get elsewhere, no matter how well my CDs were selling.

“I have reached my peak……”

For someone who had never had any acclaim for the 20 years of his life, it was impossible for me to imagine that this popularity could carry on for long. I kept seeing images in my head, of me not being liked anymore and my popularity spiraling downhill.

So, after the final show of the Tour at the Yokohama Arena, I disappeared from public view.

To be continued.

Translated from Midori's blog (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/fukuyama-masaharu/article?mid=683)
Original posted on ANN TamaRadi blog 2007.04.24   (Lyrics translated from original blog)
(http://www.allnightnippon.com/fukuyama/blog/index.php?YMD=2007-04-24)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:41:07 PM by izumisano » Logged
River
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 06:28:55 PM »

I kept on seeing images in my head, of me not being liked anymore and my popularity spiraling downhill.

Ouch, that's almost like a sign of paranoia, he needs a break. A long break, I will prescribed that to him too. What really surprised me  is that he went through with it, what's more, Amuse allowed it. I imagined a money-making prospect, two number 1 singles in 95 and a hit tv drama won't be allow to take a break, not when he's on top like this.

I wonder what's next. Thank you for the translation izumi-san
izumisano
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 10:27:33 AM »

Ouch, that's almost like a sign of paranoia

Oh yes, remember what he said in the 2005 Anniversarist Interview? About himself being an alarmist and his nightmare of the fans leaving in the middle of his concert?
He needs someone to help him set his priorities straight, to help him think that it's ALRIGHT even if his fans do leave him (not that they would!!). Someone to take precedence in his life......

In short, he needs a KID Grin Grin  not so much a partner, but a kid!!!  Wink
They make you want to tear your hair out, but they certainly set your priorities straight Cool
Go adopt one Masha, not in Rumania, but to live with!!!
River
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 11:28:55 AM »

In short, he needs a KID Grin Grin  not so much a partner, but a kid!!!  Wink
They make you want to tear your hair out, but they certainly set your priorities straight Cool
Go adopt one Masha, not in Rumania, but to live with!!!

I started to imagine he will have a daughter, and then! He will have to protect her from other pervert like himself.  Grin That will definitely make him loose sleep at night. mwahahaha! *evil laugh*
AngelReii
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 08:55:14 PM »

I agree with both of you. Brilliant idea.
I'll take one step further...  I think I am going to get shoot for saying this. Donate precious "toot" & get a surrogate pregnancy.

(edit) Not a conventional method for a conservative person.  Lips Sealed

*Imagine mode*

If it is a boy, identical attitude like himself. Then he will understand what his mom had to go through.
If it is a girl... well, like river said 
He will have to protect her from other pervert like himself.  Grin That will definitely make him loose sleep at night. mwahahaha! *evil laugh*

« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:17:12 PM by AngelReii » Logged
pillowmasha

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 10:13:15 PM »

I suddenly got this image where Masha and his boy going fishing together.
By the time they arrive home he push his son to go to bed early and then continues his work (or watch something forbidden for kids *cough*)
AngelReii
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 10:49:44 PM »

awwww.... & double awwwww.....

What a nice picture.  Kiss Smiley
izumisano
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 03:37:07 AM »

Tokyo Tower ~Me & My Radio, & sometimes My Mom~ Final Chapter  (Part 2)

Leaving my hometown Nagasaki for Tokyo, at the age of 18,
And selling only 2.800 copies on my debut single “Tsuioku no Ame no Naka”, I had now become a “full-house-Arena / Million-Sales” artist.

In the midst of all the first-time experiences and in the continuous state of chaos, not only the staff around me, but I myself too was gradually losing track of “our true selves”.  What was it that I was looking for all along? No, not just me. Everyone around the artist “Fukuyama Masaharu” had their own dreams, targets and goals.

Right after my debut, when we just about had to do anything to increase my CD sales, we were all charging towards this one clear goal : “Sales”. But, once we achieved it, once we passed the test and “good sales” became a reality right before our eyes, it was not at all easy to set the next target, to find a goal as distinct as the “Sales” before.

I thought perhaps I could take a rest and recharge myself. This was my intention at that time, but I had a slight miscalculation. At first, I just wanted to let myself cool off a bit, just a bit.

My beloved radio, motorcycle and photography……
For the first few years since my debut, I was much too busy to have the leisure to think about such things. Now, through these different experiences, I was finally able to think about “myself” for the first time. All along, I had not demanded for anything, but now I wanted some time for self-discovery, to find out about “myself”, what I wanted in Tokyo and the purpose of my existence there.

So hosting 2 radio shows a week, and resting for the other 5 days, 3 years just passed by before I noticed.

And then, in 1998.04
when I was going on to 30 years old, after 3 years of silence, I found the answer.

あきらめなかった  僕を見つけることを         
この街の中で  やがて昇る朝陽のように       

確かめたかった  君を感じたことを               
この窓を開けて  いつか触れた風のように     

描いた憧れ  なくしたサヨナラ                   
たがいの道を歩いた  季節を越えて             

ずっと探してた                                       
君を探してた                                         
そしてこの心に  あふれ出す涙                   

ずっと探してた                                       
愛を探してた                                       
そして今  心に                                       
約束の言葉を刻もう

(福山雅治・Heart)                             
I did not give up on what I was looking for
Like the rays of the rising sun that will soon cover this city

I wanted to confirm my feelings for you
Like opening this window to feel the wind

The longing that was once portrayed, the lost 'goodbye'
We once walked along the same path through the seasons

I have been searching all along
Searching for you
And this heart of mine is brimming with tears

I have been searching all along
Searching for love
And now this heart
is imprinted with the words of commitment

(Fukuyama Masaharu ・Heart)

To be continued.

Translated from Midori's blog (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/fukuyama-masaharu/article?mid=689)
Original posted on ANN TamaRadi blog 2007.04.25   (Lyrics translated from MIDORI'S blog)
(http://www.allnightnippon.com/fukuyama/blog/index.php?YMD=2007-04-25)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 08:51:52 PM by izumisano » Logged
izumisano
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 09:25:09 AM »

Sorry for taking so long on this part. I'll be able to post it today. After the final chapter, he also wrote an extra chapter on his childhood which I will do as well. Smiley
River
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 01:59:47 PM »

Just some info I got from the www regarding ANN. I posted it here due to the fact the original is in .doc. Just for general knowledge. Warning: Japanese-English made my head turned.

DXing.info presents

Introducing Japan’s Most Popular Radio Program:
All Night Nippon
John H. Bryant with Taka Okuda and Hiroo Nakagawa
February 2006

The program that is almost certainly Japan’s most popular radio program, All Night Nippon (ANN), is a long-running and almost inescapable phenomenon in Japan but is virtually unknown outside the country. Although commercial AM radio in many developed countries is the scene of far less diversity today than ever before, few other syndicated or networked programs so dominate a national dial. Indeed, of the 47 commercial broadcasting networks in Japan, 40 of them – 85% - simulcast a portion or all of All Night Nippon! North of Tokyo, all commercial radio stations carry at least portions of All Night Nippon as do all south and west of Osaka except for a single station in far-off Naha, Okinawa. Indeed, it is far easier to remember which Japanese stations do NOT carry ANN than to recall which do. Refer to the Appendix at the conclusion of this article for a complete listing of Japanese commercial broadcasters that do NOT carry All Night Nippon programming.

All Night Nippon (ANN) is a late-night programming service produced and distributed for simultaneous broadcast by Nippon Broadcasting System, Inc., in Tokyo. They make use of the studios of their own “key” or “flagship” station, JOLF, 1242 kHz. Tokyo, for these productions and JOLF leads the simulcast network. ANN became the first radio “talk show” in Japan, when JOLF broadcast the first show on the evening of October 1st, 1967. Many competitor talk-radio format programs have come and gone over last 38 years, but ANN remains the dominant (and now almost only) talk format program on late night AM radio in Japan.

The programming loosely referred to as All Night Nippon is actually composed of a constellation of five simulcast programs all produced by JOLF and Nippon Broadcasting System. The original and still most popular of the five programs is known officially as “All Night Nippon.” It is broadcast from 1:00 AM until 3:00 AM local Japanese time Monday night through Friday night. (The Japanese way of expressing this program schedule that actually starts early Tuesday morning is 25:00 to 27:00 Mon~Fri.)
ANN is a very poplar talk and music program devoted to teenage and young adult listeners. It offers popular music from progressive rock to ballads and unclassifiable things, all aimed at the teenagers and presented with entertaining and stimulating discussions of current “hot topics in Japan.” ANN is hosted by and includes a wide range of guests from the ranks of professors, journalists, comedians, musician/singers and writers. The ANN talk show hosts pride themselves on taking an active role in helping to solve the issues the that teenagers and young adults face. A series of “Telephone Consultations,” for instance, has earned a national reputation for assistance to Japanese teenagers as they confront problems with suicide, drug abuse, domestic violence, etc.

A second, quite similar talk-format program, "All Night Nippon: Evergreen," was added recently. It focuses on middle-aged Japanese who now face an entirely different group of social issues. One presumes that when those early teenage ANN listeners from the late 1960s reach 60 years of age themselves, ANN may well found “ANN: Golden” for the elderly.  All Night Nippon: Evergreen is Broadcast from 3:00 to 5:00 AM, Monday through Thursday nights (27:00 to 29:00 JLT, Mon~Thur.)

The 27:00 to 29:00 time slot on Friday and Saturday is occupied by “All Night Nippon – R.” The “R” in the title connotes “Records” which adequately describes the program content: popular music.

Two other JOLF/Nippon Broadcast produced simulcast programs are interwoven with the three main-line ANN broadcasts. The first, “Radi Vegas” is simulcast from 22:00 to 24:00 JLT, Mon~Fri and is a music and (some) talk program hosted by the wildly popular Punk Rocker and radio personality known as “Demon  Kogure.” The program title: “Radi Vegas” translates roughly to Radio Las Vegas; again the program title accurately characterizes the teen-oriented content.

The final element of the All Night Nippon constellation of programs is the “Fukuyama Masaharu Show” hosted by the hugely popular “heart throb” movie actor and singer/song writer, Fukuyama Masaharu. This program is only simulcast Saturday nights from approximately 23:30 to 25:00 JLT.

Where Demon Kogure is a very heavy metal, “edgy” rocker with heavy make-up and spiked hair rising almost a third of a meter from his scalp, Fukuyama Masaharu is much more of a crooner/romantic ballad singer in the mold of a well-dressed Elvis Presley who he resembles.

Other items of interest to overseas listeners to All Night Nippon’s constellation of simulcast programs include:

There is no ANN programming provided for the hour 24:00 to 25:00 except for the Fukuyama Masaharu Show which begins about 23:30 and runs to 25:00 on Saturday night (only). The “open hour” of 1500 to 1600 UTC during the remainder of the week is filled by programming generated by each network.
According to Japanese MW DXers, there are no local station or network IDs during the hours of ANN programming. On some occasions at ToH or BoH, a local commercial may be recognized and the actual station being received may be inferred. Excellent comprehension of spoken Japanese is required for this technique, however.
The All Night Nippon schedule which follows gives no information as to whether ANN-affiliated networks and stations broadcast on the late night of Sunday night-Monday morning.  Indications from other sources are that many do not. 
Japan is one of the very few nations in the Temperate Zone which does not implement Daylight Savings Time.  Therefore, Japanese local time is UTC + 9 hours, year round.

The authors hope that this short article will be of assistance to the many MW DXers throughout the world who are occasionally able to receive MW transmissions from Japan.

The original document listed the radio that carries this program and its frequency. Masha's program is number 1 last week, according to the official website. That probably explained the amount of CMs appeared. LOL. Good for you Masha!

Edit: Gomen! Thank you izumi-san for the translation!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 02:02:10 PM by River » Logged
izumisano
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 05:37:35 PM »

Tokyo Tower ~Me & My Radio, & sometimes My Mom~ Final Chapter   (Part 3)

Thinking about it, perhaps those “3 years of silence” was a necessary period, for the boy who ran off to Tokyo from Nagasaki, to grow up into a “mature artist”.

If I had not joined the Amuse auditions at that time…
If the exhaust muffler had not fallen off at that time…
If I had not received the telex at that time…

When I looked back at the path that I had taken, it would appear that I had advanced to this day, relying on my own determination. But in reality, something was leading me along, I truly believe that. If that force were to disappear, that would mean my mission was complete. As long as I could feel the pull, as long as I was still being needed, I wanted to keep on with my mission. That was what I was thinking (when I decided to comeback).

From then on, I wanted to be able to repay all those who waited for me; to best complete this mission that was entrusted to me. It was with this state of mind that I immersed myself into songwriting.

1999, the single “HEAVEN/Squall” was a hit.
2000, the single “Sakurazaka” broke my own sales record.
2001, my first Dome concert.
The first “Tamaji no Radio” of the 21st Century won the broadcasting award. Referred to as “Radio’s National Treasure” by the press.
2002, my first TV show “Fukuyama Engineering”, also topped the ratings
2003, the first time I arranged a song besides writing the melody/lyrics – Niji, became a hit.

And now, 2007.
I am already 38 years old. It’s been 20 years since I came to Tokyo from Nagasaki. When I suddenly realized that I have spent more time living in Tokyo than in Nagasaki, I looked at the Tokyo sky from the window in my workplace and I said to myself “So Tokyo has it too.”

東京にもあったんだ                     
こんなキレイな夕陽が                   
うれしいな  君に見せたいな           
君は元気かな                             

東京にもあったんだ                     
こんなキレイな月が                     
うれしいな  君も見てるかな             
君に逢いたいな                           

いま以上  自分以上に                   
なりたかったんだよ                       
急いで  急いで…                         
勝つために覚えたこと                   
この街のルールに                       
少しだけ染まったよ                       

お願いだ                                   
涙は隠さないでくれ                       
お願いだ                                   
心は失くさないでくれ                     

ほら  ごらん                             
一緒にさがしてた                         
明日に僕はまだ  走ってるんだよ     

(福山雅治・東京にもあったんだ)
Tokyo has it too
Such a beautiful sunset
It’s such a joy  I wish you could see it too
Are you doing well now?

Tokyo has it too
Such a beautiful moon
It’s such a joy  Are you looking at it too?
I’d really like to see you

I hope, compared to now 
I’ll become even better
I can’t wait, can’t wait
Things you learn for survival
Under this city’s rules
I’ve also picked up a bit

I beg you…
Don’t hide your tears
I beg you…
Don’t lose your heart

Look!
We had searched together
For our futures   and I am still running

(Fukuyama Masaharu・Tokyo ni mo Attanda・Tokyo has it too)

“As long as I’ve not done it before, there’s nothing wrong with giving it a try!”

In the few years after the debut, the “Fukuyama Masaharu” in the media, could not understand himself why he was getting so much attention. With the confusion that arose in him due to the drastic change in circumstances, he had no idea which direction to take.

If I could say something to myself at that time, I would tell him, “It doesn’t matter if it’s related to your current work or not. Leaving the places and things that you’re used to, and taking a challenge by trying out new environments, new stimulation and new changes, is not such a bad thing after all.”

And now I am living in Tokyo and gazing upon the Tokyo sky. From the past till now and onwards, in the bid to continue the pursuit of what is eternally unchanged, perhaps I might have to make a few changes myself. Under the Tokyo sky, this is what I am contemplating now.

~The End~

Translated from Midori's blog (http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/fukuyama-masaharu/article?mid=697)
Original posted on ANN TamaRadi blog 2007.04.25   (Lyrics translated from Midori’s blog)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:02:31 PM by izumisano » Logged
izumisano
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2009, 05:53:40 PM »

Fukuyama Masaharu is much more of a crooner/romantic ballad singer in the mold of a well-dressed Elvis Presley who he resembles.
Hahahaha!! Elvis Presley indeed! Well his "Love Me Tender" was really really good.  Kiss
If you haven't downloaded it from the Radio Recording post, better do so before the sendspace link expires!
Thanks River for the article! I see, now I understand what happens during the day radio and what this ANN is all about  Cheesy.

Crooner, eh? Well, the writer obviously has not listened in to his radio programme.
(Any of you heard what he was talking about re: the robot vs the "manual" stuff that happens at home in last week's programme? I read a translation on HKFC Cool He's on about his usual maradanxxx-whatever again.)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 05:58:26 PM by izumisano » Logged
River
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2009, 06:45:30 PM »

Ah! Maradancon strikes again? It remind me of Toey's post here.  Grin This man has no shame. *shake head*

The document was written back in 2006, so it's quite old and I dont know how much it reflects the current radio state. If you like, this is the link from google search. Warning: since google search changes all the time, the doc may not appear in that page anymore. But it did help in serving introduction about Japan radio in general.

2002, my first TV show “Fukuyama Engineering”, also topped the ratings

I didn't know that! I thought the rating was so-so, since it did not extend to second season. What a wasted chance, you will have Masha performed on tv every week.
duzel

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 08:05:28 PM »

Helloo everyone!! Grin

this is my first post...i'm duzel from syd, new fan of masha...just watched him in galileo n got curious...hehhehe...

so lucky to be able to find this site n read his story...very interesting n inspirational...i laughed so hard when i read about his mom's reaction when he told him about his first role...kkakaka..such a cool mom..

thank u very much, izumisano san!! Cheesy

AngelReii
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 08:23:16 PM »

Hi duzel-san, welcome to our little home for Masha fans. Hope you will enjoy here as much as we do.
 Kiss
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to: